Learning at Home
2021 - 2022
Book: Katie in London
Welcome to the Year 2 page everyone! We hope you enjoy doing the activities you find on this page.
They are all linked to the learning we will do in school.
Have fun and enjoy!
Useful Websites for Year 2 children
Here is a list of useful website which your children will find useful to practice the skills they are learning in class.
- IXL Year 2 maths - Listed under maths topics, this website will support your children's learning in mathematics.
- ICT games - Lots of fun games listed under maths topics which the children will love to play.
- Topmarks - A real favourite for our children to use in class, here you will find many fun interactive games.
- Revise your number bonds, times-tables, doubles and halves:
- Addition and subtraction number fact families:
- Pick a skill you wish to practise:
- Short videos and activity sheets based on the Year 2 curriculum
- Practice spelling Common Exception Words and select Year 2:
- Pick a picture for some writing inspiration:
- Use this link for ideas from the Literacy Trust on reading and writing:
- Free E books for children - Please see the weekly digital 'Continuing the learning Journey' letter attached to the school newsletter,which is also on Year 2 Homework page, for the details of class logins :
- Click here to go to the link to see the links to SPaG activities and songs with George who comes in to school to help the children learn.
- Click here to go to a website that supports your child's developing skills in phonics.
- Fun science activities for home:
- Range of games and activities:
- http://www.twinkl.co.uk (free printable resources)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p (covers a wide range of subjects across the KS1 curriculum)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary (daily lessons on a range of subjects)
- Try some yoga, we love to use this in class!
- Joe Wicks ‘PE with Joe’